We took the girls camping at a great little park just down the road from our house this past weekend. It was Claire's first time camping, so it was nice to know that home was just 10 minutes down the road if she had issues, but we didn't! Claire was a little trooper and even though she has another nasty cold she was the perfect little camper and I think she really enjoyed her first camping experience!
Hannah was a great help getting the tent set up!
While Hannah and Daddy set up camp, Claire did some exploring around our campsite-
I'm not sure what she was fishing for in the weeds here, using a tent pole as her fishing pole, but she worked at it for quite some time-
We had a beautiful view right outside our tent-
All set up and ready to camp!
The girls had so much fun just playing in the tent together! They wrestled on the air mattress and took little toys in to play with!
Pizza for dinner - the pizza place is just a couple minutes down the road so the girls and I hung out at the campsite playground while Matt ran for dinner!
We cheated and brought Mickey mouse for the little DVD player in case Claire got too crabby. She didn't really need it though, she was happy to run and explore around our campsite-
S'more's time!
I think Hannah enjoyed making the s'mores more than eating them, but that is half the fun I guess-
Claire preferred her s'more without the graham cracker or marshmallow - yeah, just straight up Hershey bar! She's the biggest chocoholic I know!
Relaxing by the fire munching chocolate - I don't think it gets any better!
We were worried we wouldn't get a good fire going because the wood was a little damp, but no worries, we had an awesome fire!
Morning!!
The girls slept great! It was a little chilly for a June night, but we snuggled up in our sleeping bags!
Claire was the first one up, she and I made a trip to the playground before Hannah and Matt even climbed out of their sleeping bags! Only while camping do you get to go to the playground while still in your jammies!
Happy little camper!
Poor Hannah, I think she'd have kept on sleeping if Claire hadn't woke her up, she slept like a little log-
Nothing beats breakfast outside, no matter what you're having!
Don't let Claire fool you, she's only playing in my bowl of cereal, she'd never actually eat it-
We had a great night. Not the best sleep we've ever had, but the memories being made with the kids make up for that a hundred times over. I have great memories of weekends just like this one when I was Hannah's age and I really hope she'll do the same for her family some day!
No comments:
Post a Comment