Sunday, December 12, 2010

A new room for the girls

Whenever Claire learns how to sleep without being swaddled, she's going to move out of her crib and share a room with Hannah.  Hopefully this will happen before she outgrows the extra large swaddle blankets I made for her.  We decided to get bunk beds for the girls room and wanted to repaint too!  Matt and I had painted it gender neutral baby pastels before Hannah was born and now she wanted purple, so I went on a hunt for purple bedding. I found the quilts online, and we decided to paint the room to match.
Hannah helped a little with the painting, although she wanted to help a lot more!

Matt wasn't thrilled when I suggested painting stripes on the upper half of the walls, but I think he's glad we did it, even if it ment some extra work!

The girls names are purple with green polka dots, it's a little hard to see in the picture!

We're almost finished getting it all put back together, and Hannah has been able to sleep up on the top bunk the last three nights, which she is loving!  I'm thinking about painting a canvas to match the room colors and put a cute saying on it, but I'm not sure how I'll do the letters yet, and also maybe a picture of the girls together.  I'm really liking the way it's turning out, and Hannah loves it, so that's all that matters!

1 comment: