These button Mickey heads were the easiest, just put glue in the shape of mickey on shirt, stick buttons on, and when the glue is dry, sew the buttons in place! I'm contemplating adding a little red ruffle to the sleeves to make these more girlie, idk, is less more?
Friday, August 20, 2010
Sewing projects!
With our Disney trip fast approaching, I've been working hard on making the girls some cute Disney wear! I'm a beginner sewer at best, and I've been having many issues with my machine, I don't think I know how to thread it right, but I've managed a few things, and hope to finish a couple more before we leave on Sunday!
These button Mickey heads were the easiest, just put glue in the shape of mickey on shirt, stick buttons on, and when the glue is dry, sew the buttons in place! I'm contemplating adding a little red ruffle to the sleeves to make these more girlie, idk, is less more?

Claire's birthday dress, I just finished the bloomers for it, but the top didn't hold up great to it's first washing, so I'm going to have to do a little fixing before she can wear it again. I think I'm going to make Hannah a white t-shirt with pink polka dot Minnie head to kind of match.
This is Hannah's dress, but I'm in the process of making Claire a matching one. I gave up last night and think I'll finish at my mom's tonight, where the sewing machine actually works!
These button Mickey heads were the easiest, just put glue in the shape of mickey on shirt, stick buttons on, and when the glue is dry, sew the buttons in place! I'm contemplating adding a little red ruffle to the sleeves to make these more girlie, idk, is less more?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The secret to easy sewing really is a good machine. I am so glad I have mine that is for sure. It made a huge difference in what I was able to accomplish!
ReplyDeleteShe got a new machine, a Brother. My model! :) Great machine but practice will make perfect as you learn your machine. They are adorable and I think the shirts look great as is or would look just as cute with the trim mentioned. You may just inspire me to dust off my machine. lol
ReplyDelete$350 Brother, not a cheapie, I don't know what the problem is!
ReplyDeleteI am all for the ruffle on the sleeves. I hated my machine for a while, then I purchased new bobbins and it started working great. Did you use patterns or create on your own?
ReplyDelete