The girls and I spent most of one of the days we were in Chicago at Morton Arboretum. A beautiful arboretum with a super fun children's garden where we spent most of out time-
There are fountains, ponds, and streams all through the children's garden that the kids can splash and play in, and it was super hot the day we went, so the girls took full advantage.
I'd recommend bringing a change of clothes for kids! This pond is full of turtles and tadpoles, and the kids can wade through and look around. Claire tripped on a rock and was pretty much soaked from her neck down, and of course I hadn't thought to bring extra clothes-
There are also lots of climbing play areas in the trees-
As if Claire hadn't gotten wet enough falling into the pond, she decided to sit down in the stream to cool off right as we were getting ready to head for home!
A fun way to spend a hot sunny day in Chicago!
what an awesome spot!!
ReplyDeleteLove Morton Arboretum! It is a great place for "kids" of all ages.
ReplyDelete