Hannah loves to decorate for every holiday, but we were lacking in decorations for St. Patrick's Day, so we had a little craft session the other afternoon and came up with these adorable stained glass shamrocks.
First we shredded green crayons using a pencil sharpener and a cheese grater.
We had plenty of green crayons to choose from!
Then we melted the crayons with an iron in between two sheets of waxed paper.
Traced on some shamrock shapes-
and cut them out, I'm very impressed with how much Hannah's cutting skills have improved in the past year-
Then we decorated the house with them. They're very pretty hung in the windows to catch the sunlight
We added buttons to this string of shamrocks - though Claire has pulled down all the bottom ones now-
I think we're ready for the leprechauns!
How awesome! I have never thought to do that!
ReplyDelete